Traditional notions of Estate planning suggest that it is a process by which you organize your affairs to bring clarity to the following issues:
- Whom do you wish to leave your earthly possessions to when you die, to prevent disputes over the issue
- Who do you nominate as your mouth piece to act on your behalf, should you become incapacitated
- Would you like the use of artificial means of life support should you not be able to express your preference at the time
To accomplish these objectives, the Estate Planning process has you work with a legal counselor who can help you individualize your plan documents, which might include:
- Wills or Trust
- Community Property Agreement
- Living Wills or Advance Directives
- Mental Health Advance Directives, Handling of Remains
- Powers of Attorney
- HIPAA medical information releases
- Other documents that are specific to your needs and wishes
What documents belong in your estate plan is an individual issue and should be explored with the guidance of a qualified estate planning attorney. Contact us today to schedule your consultation.
Do you already have an Estate Plan?
Wondering if your exisitng estate plan is up to date? Now you can be sure.
Schedule your FREE Estate Plan Sense Check.
To book an appointment for any service, click the link that best describes your situation.